|Encapsulated Pro-Islet™ graft containing pancreatic endocrine cells, courtesy of Viacyte|
On this blog, we’ve written about how our grantees are progressing toward treatments for diabetes, but we wanted to pull the best of those posts into one place. Here are some of the most interesting posts if you want to learn more about diabetes and research by CIRM grantees.
1. Diabetes demystified: the role of stem cells in finding treatments
2. Diabetes stem cell therapy moving toward clinical trials
3. Stem cell image of the week: Pancreatic cells for a diabetes therapy
4. Harvard scientists discover hormone that could lead to type 2 diabetes therapy
5. JDRF supports CIRM diabetes disease team led by ViaCyte
6. 2011 Annual Report: Toward a stem cell therapy for diabetes
For a complete list of diabetes research we’ve funded, see the diabetes fact sheet on our website.